Wednesday 27 June 2012

London Haul - Oxford Street and Harrods

I went to London town this past weekend for a really great trip (A whole other exciting post on why I was in London to follow thanks to Revlon Cosmetics)
I took my best friend Anna and we stayed in a hotel on Oxford street so there was plenty of shopping!
Firstly... Jo Malone! Eeeek! Something I have lusted over for a long time and really luxurious. I didn't purchase this myself but I don't want to say too much as I have a whole other blog post planned for how I came to own this little beaut!
For me the packaging really is a big portion of of how special and luxurious a product feels and I really apperciate the care taken in the wrapping!
 I got the Wild Bluebell Cologne which is really floral and delicate. The scent is divine and I instantly fell in love. Bluebells have a special place in my heart as I have fond memories of being a little girl in the woods, where as far as the eye can see, a carpet of Bluebells lays.
I got it from Selfridges for £76
Next I got a Nars blush in the colour Gilda. A matte warm pink. I swayed towards the ever famous Orgasm blush for a second but wanted something a little more daytime appropriate with less shimmer and glitter going on. After using less high end blushes I need to get used to how pigmented this blush is! Upon first use my cheeks were extremely red but used lightly it givesa gorgeous glow.
This was £21 also from Selfridges.
*Not purchased by me. Blog post to follow on this.
 Anna and I took a visit to Harrods to find a taste of Paris. In the shape of beautiful macaroons. Again with the amazing packaging! Laduree macaroons are amazing and the shop inside Harrods is something truely stunning! Marble tops and elegant decor.
£14.40 for 8 macaroons housed in a beautiful box of your choice.
The flavours I chose were
  • Chocolate
  • Raspberry
  • Vanilla
  • Strawberry poppy
  • Cherry Blossom
  • Blackcurrant Violet
  • Rose
  • Pistachio
I went to Dorothy Perkins and found a gorgeous navy blue shirt, with rolled sleeves. Casual but still gives shape and structure to an outfit. £19.50 to buy from here.
A blue stripped sun dress perfect for when/if summer ever arrives From H&M in the sale for £5.
Another sun dress, A little less casual and very cute. Also from H&M in the sale for the bargain price of £3!
Long seed bead necklace from Dorothy Perkins in pastel colours. It looks gorgeous with the blue shirt and adds colour to any simple, classic outfit. £5 reduced down from £10.
Lastly I couldn't come home empty handed! So I went to the Disney Store and bought a Kermit the frog for my little Elle Belle :)

We had a brilliant time and I can't wait to write the next blog post on why we were in London and what we got up to! :-)

10 comments:

  1. What a great haul! The macarons look amazing (my fav sweet thing) and also love Jo Malone. Your daughter looks like she loves her pressie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Macaroons really were something special that's for sure! She did love her "Hermit the frog" haha! x

      Delete
  2. So jealous of your haul! Those macaroons look delicious!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So chuffed with it, had a great time! They tasted soooooo good! x

      Delete
  3. Oooh you lucky thing! I'm off to Paris in August and am definitley visiting Laduree there! Love Elle's Kermit too :) x

    www.lottys-luxuries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh nooooo! don't make me super jealous! my friend and I are desperate to go to Paris! Hope you have a great time! The Laduree in Paris will be spectacular! x

      Delete
  4. Aww glad you enjoyed yourself in London. Your daughter is beautiful! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really had the best time! we want to go back and hit the Harry Potter Studios next! Thank you :) she is a cutie! x

      Delete
  5. lovely blog. please take a look on mine and tell me what you think <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and will do! love finding new blogs! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...